Living at Home with Dementia and Parkinson’s Disease
Retain your independence and best quality of life living at home.
To remain out of hospital and aged care for as long as possible is something we all aspire to do. Having a carer can help you achieve that goal. This book is written from a carers perspective for other carers and is based on sound experience. It is a comprehensive and practical guide covering everyday issues and will provide encouragement, help and understanding to get through each challenging day. With over fifty easy to find sections, the book enables quick access to advice and will be a constant and dependable source of support as you navigate your way through caregiving.
Every person is entitled to receive much needed help and support in a respectful and compassionate way. Caring for a person with chronic conditions is challenging and yet can be one of the most rewarding roles you can undertake. I sincerely hope this book will help you in your endeavours as a carer.
Please allow 21 days for delivery.
A Practical Guide for Carers
Living at Home with Dementia and Parkinson’s Disease is a comprehensive and practical guide covering everyday issues and will provide encouragement, help and understanding to get through each challenging day.
With more than 50 easy-to-find sections, the book enables quick access to advice and will be a constant and dependable source of support as you navigate your way through caregiving.
- Easy to understand step-by-step strategies
- Tips and techniques to cope day-to-day or even hour-to-hour
- Daily routines, communication, behaviours and sundowning
- Speech, swallowing, appetite, diet, activities, exercise and sleep disorders
- Dealing with health professionals, pharmacists, specialists and hospitals
- Pressure sores, incontinence, UTI’s, constipation and pain management
- Transfers, dressing, showering, skin conditions and falls
- Safety in the home, modifications, equipment, outings and driving
Overview of Parkinson’s Disease
Overview of Dementia
Health Professionals & Allied Health Care
Going to Hospital
Activities and Exercise
Speech and Swallowing Difficulties
Appetite and Diet
Layout of the Home
Sleep and Sleep Disorders
Personal Care and Regular Routines
Body Care and Health
Safety in the Home
Phone Calls, Mail, Visits to the House and Scams
Aged Care Services — Commonwealth Government
Respite Care and Home Care
Rights of Seniors and Elder abuse
Preparing for End of Life
ISBN 9 780994279170
Postage & handling $7.95
Allow 21 days for delivery in Australia